Shakthisree Gopalan is an Indian singer who is based out in Kerala. She started learning Carnatic Music since from her age of 13. She was debuted as a singer in the film Taxi 4777. Later she had collaborated with almost all south Indian musicians including A.R.Rahman.
Basically is from Tamil cultured family but was born and bought up in Cochin, Kerala. She had completed her schooling in Rajagiri Public School, Kalamassery, Kerala. She had learned Carnatic Music for 13 years. And then she moved to Chennai and completed the Bachelor degree in Architecture and Planning at Anna University.
Shakthisree had participated in several inter-college singing competitions and won many prizes. In 2008, she had won Voice Hunt from SS music, which opened the path for her musical journey. She had also done a research project about Music School.
Also, Check Lyricist Thamarai Biography.
She was first noticed by Guru Prasad Subramaniyam who is a Music director in Kanada movies. She was asked to come to A.R.Rahman’s studio for singing a song. while waiting she was humming the song which she is going to sing in the studio, A.R.Rahman noted that. Then A.R.Rahman asked his assistant to get her number, this is how she got the chance to sing in A.R.Rahman movies. In tension, Shakthisree gave a wrong number to his assistant, after a week when then tried to call and found that was a wrong number. Later, they got the right number from Guruprasad and got the chance. Initially, she was asked to sing in the group and then later she got an opportunity to sing “Nenjukulla” Song.
She had sung the title track in the Bollywood film of Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012), A.R.Rahman was the music composer of the film. She had sung in almost all language south Indian movies. “Enga Pona Raasa” song from the Maryan movie was one of the super hit songs which were composed by A.R.Rahman. Her recent song “Bhoomi Bhoomi” from the movie Chekka Chivantha Vaanam is going viral in Social Media. She has become one of the favorite singers for A.R.Rahman who will get atleast one song from his album.
Shakthisree is the one who did an interior design work A.R.Rahman’s music school called “K.M college of Music and Technology”. She worked 2 years to get the studio ready.
- Won – Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer in the Tamil language for the song “Nenjukkulle” from the movie Kadal
- Won – Vijay Award for Best Female Playback Singer for the song “Nenjukkulle” from the movie Kadal
- Nominated – Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer in the Tamil language for the song “Naan Nee” from the movie Madras
- Nominated – Vijay Award for Best Female Playback Singer for the song “Naan Nee” from the movie Madras
Unknown Facts about ShathiSree
- ShathiSree is good at both architect & Planning and Singing.
- ShathiSree also composes music.
- She also writes lyrics, she had written and sung the English songs. She is also writing few songs in Tamil and Hindi.
- She got a chance to act in movies but she got rejected it.